Member firms shall have the required qualification and licences (if required) to undertake professional work in their respective areas.
Member firms shall be committed by having relevant staff and facilities to provide high quality and efficient services to clients and other member firms.
Member firms shall have adequate professional indemnity insurance.
Member firms must demonstrate that they have passed the pre-admission quality screening review process.
Benefits of Membership in The Network
– Member firms shall have the required qualification and licences (if required) to undertake professional work in their respective areas.
– Member firms shall be committed by having relevant staff and facilities to provide high quality and efficient services to clients and other member firms.
– Member firms shall have adequate professional indemnity insurance.
– Member firms must demonstrate that they have passed the pre-admission quality screening review process.
– Share and obtain knowledge and professional advice from all other member firms in The Network.
– Expand the service Network while maintaining and enhancing goodwill of existing clients by referral of national or international nature.
– Use of venue and facilities of other CAS International Member firms when visiting their office or location.
– Regular exchange of technical and relevant information.
– Distribution of relevant technical knowledge on national or international issues in the areas of accountancy, audit and assurance, taxation and advisory.
– Professional Staff Exchange among CAS International Member firms for wider exposure of working experience in different environment and countries.
– Be part of a growth-orientated national and international Network.
– Practice expansion through client referral.
– Share marketing materials and information.
– Participate in The Network’s Quality Assurance Programs.
– Small and medium firms can join together and emulate larger firms by establishing their own Network.
– Increase client base through Network referrals and strategic alliances using a common marketing and branding platform.
– Provides opportunities for the Members to discuss issues of strategic importance during CAS International annual regular events and conference.
– Enhance Member firms’ profile with the objective to attract more quality clients and staff through coordinated marketing program.
– Expand or diversify existing services and intellectual capacities to face the increasingly competitive markets.
– Commitment from all Member firms to support each other’s business growth requirements.
Procedure of Membership Application
The geographical area is closely defined. This could involve state, province or country.
– A potential new member firm may be identified through several ways. These include personal recommendation from current CAS International Member Firms and advertisements in professional press/magazines.
– The prospective member firm’s profile will be reviewed and the firm’s acceptability will be confirmed using a check list which will expressly state out certain acceptable policies and procedures within CAS International.
– Pre-membership review will be carried out to ensure initial compliance with CAS International Pre-admission Quality criteria.
– Full profile will be reviewed and acceptability shall be confirmed by the Council. Download the forms by clicking the link below:Question Prospective CAS Quality Standard